Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Moments & Mercies/ Whats for Breakfast?

Today I am overwhelmed with the tender mercies of the last couple of hours which is the culmination of prayers, increasing amounts of time "not fretting" and trying to grab desperate glances into the future to be sure its all going to be ok. Once again, God not only knows me but cares enough to prove it. 

Moment:  Even tho I just got the perfect job, it doesn't start till after the money runs out and it isnt going to pay enough to really feel confident about the future.
Mercy: A check in the mail for more than I anticipated which is a clear message that he is very aware of my
financial obligations and isnt going to desert me as I go through the "skinny" places. The scriptures say that he takes care of each day as it comes.  I'm grateful he was aware of this day.

Moment: Every day I feed Abby, I notice how her supply of food is getting smaller and wondering how I'm going to buy the next bag.  (I know that Al will, if I asked him too, but its kind of a pride thing.  Was a big deal when I got her that she was my dog and I would take care of her).
Mercy: Well, for every 10 bags of dog food you buy, you get the next one free.  Apparently, we're on the 11th bag, since the free coupon came in the mail today as well.

Moment: I really love going to the Lehi Rodeo.  My heart felt a little prick when I realized I would miss it this year.
Mercy: Al got asked to cook the BBQ for one of the BYU singles wards this weekend.  After the food, they're all going to the Lehi Rodeo and have tickets for us too!  Yahoo!

The process is still thick and uncertain, but tender mercies scattered along the way, reassure me that I am not lost. I am in awe and deeply humbled.

And breakfast!  As far as cheese quesadillas, Scarlet was a little perplexed and incredulous that I served them for breakfast when the girls were sleeping over.  Rose was fine with it and Scarlet's always been on board with my food quirks before (weird smoothies, homemade hummus, etc) but I guess everyone has their limits. Apparently when I suggested she dip it in the strawberry yogurt was what really put her over the top.  I think its funny that she thinks that's odd.  But as I poll, I'm learning that there's more who wrinkle their nose than those who don't. Sigh...what can I say?




2 comments:

  1. Love those moments. That is seriously when I remember that Heavenly Father really is taking care of me and eve though I think I am doing things all by myself, I am not. Love you mamma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love PBJ Yogurt for breakfast. Double yuck if you ask me. I would rather have a quesadilla any time. I love you and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete