Sunday, September 20, 2009

140 days and counting...(my dog is not a boat)


So Abby and I go walking every morning. Haven't missed a day since she got here. That makes 140 days if you count today. (There were five days in there, where I was in Austin. Amy was babysitting and refused to walk her. Abby jumped up and down on the bed. They walked.)

Lately we watch the moon go to bed and the sun rise. No talking, just walking. Traveling buddies. But its turning cold. The other day, 6:15 am, we stood at the door, all leashed up and ready until the cold air hit our faces. We both hesitated. I pulled the "pack leader" card and pushed us both out the door, but I can see up ahead as the winter comes on that the weather is going to be our enemy. The only real answer is to get Abby a winter coat. I've been cruising the internet to see what's available. I've included pictures of current dog coat styles for your browsing pleasure. Please keep in mind that Abby is not a purse dog...those coats are ridiculous. But I included them so you could appreciate what fashions Abby will NOT be sporting this winter. Katie commented on how the Great Dane coats look like boat covers! Well, she will not be mistaken for a boat once I get her winter boots on her :)


2 comments:

  1. Abby will definitely be looking like a hotty in that coat. Can't wait for her to model it for us, boots and all...my vote is still plaid with leopard print fur! You may want to check out a special belated surprise on my blog. Just so you know I DID start it before the 17th.

    ReplyDelete